Clerk IDs are a great way to associate transactions with the employees that completed them.
If you have not enabled the Clerk ID mode for your location, please read: Enabling clerk ID mode for your locations.
When this feature is enabled, your employees are assigned a unique identifier that they must enter in order to perform a transaction.
This feature allows you to produce transaction reports and track financial data by employee.
TO ADD A CLERK ID
Point your web browser to https://manage.ackroo.com and sign in.
- Click the Point of Sale menu item.
- Click the Preferences tab and select the Clerks sub-menu item.
- Click the ADD CLERK
- Select the Business and Location for which the employee works and enter an identifier as well as the employees first and last name, then click OK
- The Business is the parent company for the location to which the employee works.
- The Location is the actual locale from which the employee works.
- The identifier is the unique number that the employee will use when processing a transaction.
- The first and last name associates the identifier with an employee.
Note: Clerk IDs should be kept confidential to ensure no one is able to impersonate another employee when processing a transaction.
Note: In order to enable this feature on your Verifone or Ingenico terminals, you must first perform a Settings Update to synch your clerk IDs. If new Clerks are added or edited, the Settings Update is also required to synchronize any changes made.